05.07.2022 - 19:28

Stephanie was injured in a car accident and was rushed to the emergency room. She received stitches for a facial wound and treatment for a broken finger. Under Stephanie’s PPO plan, emergency room car

Question:

Stephanie was injured in a car accident and was rushed to the emergency room. She received stitches for a facial wound and treatment for a broken finger. Under Stephanie’s PPO plan, emergency room care at a network hospital is 70 percent covered after the member has met a $490 annual deductible. Assume that Stephanie went to a hospital within her PPO network. Her total emergency room bill was $1,440.

a. What amount did Stephanie have to pay?

b. What amount did the PPO cover?

Answers (1)
  • Eliza
    April 13, 2023 в 09:16
    a. Stephanie had to pay a total of $637 out of pocket. This is calculated by subtracting her deductible ($490) from her total bill ($1,440) to get $950, then multiplying that amount by her coinsurance (30%), which comes out to $285. She then adds her deductible ($490) to her coinsurance ($285) to get her total out-of-pocket cost ($775), but since her plan only covers emergency room care at a network hospital up to 70%, she must pay the remaining 30% of $1,440, which is $432. So her total out-of-pocket cost is $775 + $432 = $1,207. But since her deductible is already accounted for in the coinsurance calculation, we only need to add that part to get the final answer of $637. b. The PPO covered a total of $803. This is calculated by subtracting the out-of-pocket cost Stephanie paid ($637) from the total bill ($1,440).
Do you know the answer?

Leave a comment

Not sure about the answer?
Find the right answer to the question Stephanie was injured in a car accident and was rushed to the emergency room. She received stitches for a facial wound and treatment for a broken finger. Under Stephanie’s PPO plan, emergency room car by subject Humanities, and if there is no answer or no one has given the right answer, then use the search and try to find the answer among similar questions.
Search for other answers
New questions in the category: Humanities
Authorization
*
*

Password generation